Nassau University Medical Center is a public benefit corporation and a 530 bed major academic teaching hospital. It is Nassau County’s premier Level One Trauma Center, with over 70,000 visits to our Emergency Department each year and more than 300,000 ambulatory visits to our hospital and the outlying health centers.
- ACS Level One Trauma Center
- A newly built $36M state of the art Emergency Department which features:
- 32 patient rooms
- 2 resuscitation rooms
- a large 2-bay trauma room
- the latest in advanced equipment including a 640 slice CT scanner
- a designated E.D. Ultrasound Room
- A fully electronic medical record system within the ED which includes electronic tracking board and charting.
- Over 2000 trauma patients per year
- Stroke Center – Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award recipient – Awarded by the American Heart Association
- A new state of the art Burn Center
- Hyperbaric Center with multi-place Hyperbaric Chamber
- A Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Unit recognized for top Press Ganey Satisfaction scores and America’s Best Doctors designation.
- A new ‘Primary Care Center’ which will provide families with easy and fast access to urgent and primary care services.
- Home to:
- The Medical Control of the Nassau County Police Department
- The Nassau County Fire, Police, and EMS Academy
In addition to providing state of the art emergency care, the Emergency Medicine Department offers:
- 24/7 Toxicology Services
- Helipad – we receive more than 50 percent of the area’s most critically injured patients, as well as those with serious acute medical problems via ambulance and helicopter
- The Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Rape Advocacy Program